Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shadown Mountain Academy Request For Tax Status From New Mexico State

Audit and Complianc Division
Taxation and Revenue Department 1100 South St. Francis Dr. P.O. Box 630 Santa Fe, NM 87504-0630

I am writing about my concerns regarding a non-profit drug
and alcohol treatment center in Taos called Shadow Mountain
Academy.

My son was in the program there in February. I sent money
to Shadow Mountain, but it was deposited to a California
for-profit company called Art of the Stars in Alamo, California.

Since these payments are for educational expenses I am concerned
that they are transferred to a company which sells sports art in
another state.

Is this legal? And, does it change the tax treatment of my payments?

Thank you in advance.

Douglas A. McIntyre
Managing Director
24/7 Wall St., LLC

No comments: