Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Letter Re; Shadow Mountain Academy To State Of California Tax Authorities

Ms, Debbie Langsea
Audit Division
State of California Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 1468
Sacramento, CA 95812-1468


Dear Ms. Langsea:


I recently made payments to a New Mexico company called Shadow Mountain Academy. The operation, which takes care of young mean with mental and substance abuse problems, is based in Taos.

When I made this payment I saw that it was transferred, without my permission, to a California company called Art of the Stars. This company is based in Alamo, California. I am assuming that Shadow Mountain is a non-profit and Art of the Stars is not.

I do not know whether this transfer was legal. I did, however, make a payment to what I assume was a non-profit entity in New Mexico and it went, instead, to an art dealer in California. This may change the tax status of my payment

I would appreciate it if someone in your office could look into this matter and let me know its status.

Sincerely


Douglas A. McIntyre

No comments: